Friday, June 11, 2010

Part 4 ~ Chapter 31



In this chapter, I became refreshed when I read one of the dear passages of Scripture that captures the very essence of our journey. I have often thought of it during our time together.

Isaiah 43:18-19

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."

Sweet words to a parched soul and desperate spirit!

By this point in our journey, I hope you have gotten to a point where you can put the past behind you and find hope that God is going to do a new thing in your life. Your part is letting Him; allowing Him to take over and make you over! This "new thing" is gonna spring up like Old Faithful and amaze you! You'll find a way in the desert and drink refreshing Living Water where you thought there was no water at all... no refreshment.

God longs to satisfy your every need, and He even wants to give you the desires of your heart (your very spirit). Will you allow Him to provide for you in this way?

God created you with a soul (your very own mind, will and emotions). With this soul, you have the ability to make decisions.

Who or what will be Master of your life?

You choose. You'll be the one who has to live eternity with the consequences.


2 comments:

  1. What a peace to be reminded that we just need to give it to God. It is futile to take matters into our own hands. I want to remember this the next time that I start to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Give it to God. He has the answer, NOT ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN, girl!

    btw... I just can't picture you running around like a chicken with your head cut off ; )

    ReplyDelete